A petition against the Canadian-born singer has reached the White House. With more than 100,000 signatures in less than a week, the White House is required to respond.
The petition says Bieber is dangerous, reckless, destructive and drug-abusing. “He’s not only threatening the safety of our people, but he is also a terrible influence on our nation’s youth. We the people would like to remove Justin Bieber from our society.”
The petition (found at https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/deport-justin-bieber-and-revoke-his-green-card/ST1yqHJL) was loaded on Jan. 23. By 8:15 p.m. Wednesday, it had nearly 156,000 signatures.
The White House is required to respond if a petition reaches 100,000 signatures within 30 days.
Will Bieber be deported? Probably not. But he’s still making headlines.
On Wednesday night, he turned himself in to the Toronto police for a suspected assault charge against a limousine driver.
But it got us thinking of our top 10 celebrities we wish would step out of the spotlight.
1) Justin Bieber – Seriously, he’s throwing eggs at his neighbors’ houses, putting graffiti on walls and was recently arrested for a DUI. After leaving jail, he waved at his fans. There are way too many other things he has done not related to his music that we won’t list. He’s definitely not a role model for the kids who grew up loving “Baby.”
2) Miley Cyrus – The former Hannah Montana has gone a long way since she was a Disney Channel superstar. She has boasted about her drug use, sung naked on a wrecking ball and twerked a little too much. Sure, her songs are catchy, but she will do anything for attention. And enough with the tongue! You have one, we get it. In a recent article in Rolling Stone, she talked about her Video Music Awards twerk-fest. She said, “I forget that it’s, like, people in Kansas watching the show.”
3) Paris Hilton – After what seems to be a long hiatus, the hotel heiress has stepped back into the spotlight. She attended the Grammy Awards last Sunday in a revealing dress. She’s tried to sing, but really – what has she done? She’s famous for being famous.
4) Dennis Rodman – The former Chicago Bulls star is getting ripped for causing controversy in North Korea. Rodman was in North Korea leading a team of NBA players in a game, which he called a birthday present to Kin Jong Un. He also sang “Happy Birthday” inside a packed sports stadium. His agent said he drank heavily while in North Korea. He has checked into rehab.
5) Reality stars – It is cheaper than making a television sitcom. Think about it: There are no writers, no professional actors, for the most part no contracts. Yet this is where TV is going. These stars will do anything for fame. We’re talking Jersey Shore, Real Housewives of ANYWHERE, Teen Mom, Honey Boo Boo. Let’s bring back some quality television. Which leads us to …
6) The Kardashians – This family is never without drama, and somehow it is all caught on camera. They’re famous for quickie weddings and sometimes quick divorces (insert Kris Humphries). It’s time for them to quietly step away from the spotlight.
7) Kanye West – He could fit in with the Kardashians, but he has his own category. He pulled the microphone from Taylor Swift at the Grammy Awards. He claims that rap is the new rock ’n’ roll and he’s the biggest of all.
8) Amanda Bynes – After some rehab, Bynes actually is trying to keep out of the spotlight. That’s not after piercing both cheeks, tossing a bong out of a window and setting her neighbor’s driveway on fire. She was a great actress in “Hairspray” and “What a Girl Wants,” but she needs to stay away – at least for a while.
10) Lindsay Lohan – After several arrests and days of jail time for theft and drug possession, Lohan keeps coming back. She started her film career when she was a child with “The Parent Trap.” Though she’s had great movies, she should take some time away from the spotlight and focus on staying clean and sober.
By Kristen Roderick/All That Buzz
Can you think of anyone else who should be on this list? Leave a comment!