Severe weather season is upon us, so take a look at our cool interactive tornado graphic.
Using data from the National Weather Service, we mapped every tornado originating in Kansas from 1950 through 2013.
Click on the image above to take you to the graphic.
- Place your cursor over any point or storm track to see the , time, tornado scale, length in miles, width in yards, fatalities, injuries, property damage and crop loss.
- Use the filters on the right and drag the sliders in from left or right to see only those tornadoes fitting your desired range. To more precisely filter tornadoes, you can also double-click the number at the high or low range above the slider to enter a specific limit.
- Use the controls that appear when your cursor moves into the upper left corner of the map to zoom in or out, or to drag a rectangle over a particular area you want to enlarge.
- To select one county, use the County of Origin drop down list.
- Hit the F5 key on your computer to reset all filters.